Just a quick update as girlie has had a big week and has a lot of work ahead of her tomorrow.
This project has become an exceptionally moving experience for me.
Today I received contributions from three exceptional ladies.
16. Nathalie: …a la folie and gems
17. Christine: raindrops and balance
18. Vania: feeling sparkle (Dang, feeling sparkle feels good!)
My spirit is electric with your energy. The image has formed, a plan has been devised, and tomorrow is dedicated to progress. I can’t wait to update you next…
Wish me luck!
The response has been overwhelming. Joyfully so. I am letting your contributions wash over me and the vision is forming.
The honey dried nicely over the surface of the canvas giving us a smooth, warm, organic base to build upon. (Now let’s cover it quick before the bugs arrive!)
The flame secured my commitment. The hole is made. No turning back now. Thank you for that.
Here is the list as it stands now:
- Cor: a copy of one of Cor’s pieces (that I figure represents him best!)
- Rita: Honey. Awesome!
- Ian: a burn hole.
- Phil: mp3 sound file. How rad is that?!
- Dan: “rainbow sunshine magic!” Yes Dan.
- Chris: High tech, industrial architecture – steel, glass, cool, clean and crisp. Functionality and framing.
- Stacey: Stone – perhaps a bridge, or an archway
- William: a nuclear explosion
- Phil: “mini-mechanicsville”
- Don: an astronomical element
- Kapila: Manifesting my connection to God
- Felice: paper
- Judy:coffee. The awesome feel in the morning when you hear the pot finish brewing, the rich smells filling the house, the dark rich colour in my pale cream coloured mug….
- Lynne: clouds
I never anticipated the meaning I would discover in each contribution made. On one level, the choices you have made make perfect sense in the context of our relation. Most unexpected of all, however, is the deeply personal message that each contribution delivers. Expect to hear more on this once the piece is completed.
This experiment, in all its facets, represents a distillation of thoughts that have been brewing for some time now. Words fail to express my gratitude for your participation and enthusiasm.
For some time now I have thinking about the power of collaboration. This is a particularly compelling idea when you consider the interesting, successful, motivated, intelligent people I count as friends.
Motivated by possibility, fuelled by the power of collaboration (I hope!) and in the pure spirit of joyful creation, I am asking you to join me on a little fun journey.
I have a canvas. It is blank. I want you to help me fill it up. I am in a positive hopeful frame of mind and curious about the future and the shifting culture we are witnessing. Beyond that, there is no particular theme. Send me your contribution. Whatever you like; a colour, a thought, a word, a medium, an image (that would not represent copyright concerns) etc. Send ANYTHING and I will find a way use it as inspiration to add to the piece. I intend to finish the piece on New Year’s day as a welcome to 2011. I also intend to use every bit of inspiration provided. Write often, spread the word.
Let the fun begin. Anyone? ANYONE???